- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
What information we collect and why we collect it.
- We collect information to provide better services to all those with whom we deal.
- Information that you provide to us while using the Company’s applications may include name, address, mailing address, telephone number, mobile number, email id, loan account details, city, country, region and any details including any sensitive personal information such as passwords, financial information and sexual orientation.
- We may share your personal information with Financiers and any other persons as may be required, in connection with the services provided.
- We use your personal information to manage and operate our business, we lay great emphasis on our privacy and security standards to guard against identity theft and provide security for your personal information.
- We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions applicable to use of this website. Such changes shall be effective immediately upon notice, which shall be placed on the website. We reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue all or any portion of the website at any time, with or without notice.
- You hereby confirm that you will at all times provide only valid, true and accurate information to the best of your knowledge.
How we use information that we collect
- Except as above, we do not and will not sell or rent user information to anyone, anytime for any reason.
In general, personal information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, aid us in serving you better, or market our services. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- To offer comprehensive payable and receivable management solutions
- To verify your identity.
- To operate, maintain, and improve our website(s), products, and services.
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- To fulfil your requests for certain services and providing you with related customer service.
- To identify you as a user in our system.
- To troubleshoot, resolve disputes and accomplish administrative tasks.
- To communicate with you.
- To comply with applicable laws.
- To comply with obligations to public authorities.
The information collected by us is stored in our systems in accordance with Rule 3(h) of the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021.
We may, to the extent permitted by law, also use, license, reproduce, distribute, disclose and aggregate, non-personally identifiable information that is derived through your use of this website and you hereby provide your consent for the same.
Right to Terminate Access
- You are responsible for maintaining confidentiality of your login id and password and should not share this with anyone.
- We are not responsible if someone else accesses your account through registration information they have obtained from you or through your violation of this Privacy and Security Policy or our Terms of Service.
- If you believe that your login and password credentials have been stolen or been made known to others, you must contact us immediately.
- Cookies” are small pieces of information (text files) that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing the website. These text files can be used by websites to make the users’ experience more efficient. We can store these cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this website. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission.
- To that end, we use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. No personal information will be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information.
As a user of our website, you have the following rights, any of which you may exercise by contacting us. Extra requests (particularly repetitive) for data may result in a fee being charged to the user. Under applicable law, you have the rights (under the conditions set out in applicable law):
- to review the information, you had provided;
- to request the correction or amendment of your personal information that is found to be inaccurate or deficient;
- in certain circumstances to object, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of your personal information or to withdraw consent previously granted for the processing, where such revocation does not affect the lawfulness of the processing until the revocation, in which case you shall not be able to avail of the services offered for which consent to process the above mentioned personal information was sought;
- to address any discrepancies and grievances with respect to the processing of your personal information in a time bound manner by writing to the Grievance Redressal Officer.
We respect your right to access and control your personal information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct or amend your personal information.
You are free to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time by writing to us. In such cases, we will need you to respond with proof of your identity before you can exercise these rights. We may not be able to process any requests made in the event you fail to identify yourself or if we are unable to authenticate you as our customer.
Please note that applicable law might require that we cannot comply with every request. We may be required to keep your personal information due to statutory retention requirements. We will not be responsible for the authenticity of the personal information provided by you.
Information Security Protocols
- We value your trust in providing us your personal information, and thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. We have implemented reasonable security practices and procedures in relation to the personal information and other information that is processed by us to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under its control.
- Standards for handling security breach:
(i) All suspected or reported security breaches or violations shall be logged and tracked from initiation of the preliminary analysis to determine whether there was a security breach or violation, till completion of rectification of such breaches or violations is taken.
(ii) Appropriate contacts with relevant authorities shall be maintained to escalate to respective authorities as required, including the local cyber cell information.
(iii) Below mentioned are the steps we will undertake to handle security breach:
(a) We will promptly move the data to secure the systems and fix vulnerabilities that may have caused the breach.
(b) We will switch off the servers and change the access code to prevent additional data loss.
(c) We will mobilize our breach response team right away to prevent additional data loss.
(d) Additional security and measures as required will be put in place.
(e) We will securely delete personally identifiable information (PII) and other sensitive data when it no longer needed for business purposes.
- If any security breach comes to our knowledge, then we may take all steps required to protect misuse of such information and may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate steps.
- Inspite of our security measures it is possible for any personal information to be obtained by others unlawfully, such as “hackers,” and used in an inappropriate manner that may cause harm to you and you agree that we will not be responsible to provide any damages to you in relation to the same.
- Data Destruction Protocol - All the data, including all the copies thereof will be destroyed post the completion of the business, legal or regulatory requirement. In case the data are stored in physical form, that is, CDs, DVDs, Pen Drive, tapes, etc., then the physical device storage shall be destroyed. In case the data are stored in digital form, then secure erasure of individual folders and/or files will be done.
Name: Akash Agrawal
Address: 4th Floor, 401, Sai Indu Tower, Shubhash Nagar, LBS Road, Bhandup West. Mumbai-400078.
Phone Number: +91 8928564839
Complaints or grievances, if submitted to the officer, shall be acknowledged within 24 (twenty-four) hours and be disposed of within 1 (one) month from the date of receipt of the grievance or complaint.